Urticaria also known as nettle-rash is a common disorder characterized by the formation of weals on the skin. This disease may be acute, chronic or recurrent and resembles the sting of a nettle.
- Raised red and white patches over the skin accompanied with burning itching and stinging. Scratching and rubbing usually aggravates the infection.
- The outbreak of this disease is sudden and might effect a body of the body or the entire body.
- It may appear as a pin head or as large as rupee.
- It appears at once place and in minutes or hours it fades and appears in another place.mmediately spreads from only place to another.
- Fever, digestive disturbance and prostration are symptoms accompanied by this skin disorder.
Causes of this infection include:
- Digestive disorders like mechanical irritation in the digestive tract.
- Drugs like aspirin, penicillin, quinine, ipecac etc. may also cause this infection.
- Food like strawberries, tomatoes, cucumber, mushrooms, oatmeal,, wheat, nuts, fish, eggs, chocolates, cheese, butter and sausages which do not agree with some individual may also result in this infection.
- Bites of bedbugs, wasps, bees, mosquitoes, flies and certain caterpillars may also cause this problem.
- Emotional excitement may result in this infection.
Home remedies to cure urticaria are:
- Twelve grams of salt mixed with water and drank by patient will induce vomiting which in return will give relief and help in curing eruptions.
- Alum and red ochre grounded together and rubbed on the weals work like magic.
- Rose water mixed with vinegar applied on the affected part will help reduce the severe itching on the eruption.
- Mint mixed and brown sugar boiled together and drunk will relieve itching.
- Turmeric powder mixed with water and drank daily works well on urticaria.
- Rauwolfia herb mixed with water and taken is also beneficial to relieve.
Diet to cure urticaria would include:
- All fruits for five days including oranges, apples, pineapples, grapes, pears, peaches and papayas along with good intake of hot water will help ease up the gastro-intestinal tract where urticaria usually originates from.
- Maintain a balanced diet including fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts etc.
- Avoid tea, coffee, alcohol, fleshy food and refined food as they can disturb the digestion process.
- Should atleast drink eight glasses of water daily. Water with lemon must be take one hour before each meal and between the meals. This cleans the toxin matters of the system speeding up recovery.
Other treatments would include regular bowel cleaning through warm water enema, maximizing body’s exposure to sun and fresh air, avoiding exposure of the body to cold and cold water. Hot Epsom salts bath is also beneficial.