Article written by Only Health News
Tonsillitis refers to an acute inflammation of the tonsils which lie on each side of the throat. Enlargement of the tonsils accompanied caused due to repeated attack of infection is called chronic tonsillitis.
The main symptoms of tonsillitis are sore throat, headache, pain in various parts of the body, fever, difficulty in swallowing and weakness. The tonsils appear to be inflamed and red and in some cases they even emanate spots of pus.
Tonsillitis refers to acute inflammation of the tonsils, which lie, one on each side of the throat. Chronic tonsillitis is a term applied to cases in which there is enlargement of the tonsils accompanied by repeated attacks of infection. Tonsillar lymph glands which lie behind the jaw become tender and enlarged causing pain to the ear.
Tonsillitis are caused due to toxic condition of the systems which lowers the energy of the body and results in sudden chill. It can also be caused due to chronic constipation when the toxins are reabsorbed into the bloodstream.
Home remedies to cure tonsillitis are:
- Consuming lime mixed with warm water and honey along with quarter teaspoon of salt.
- Pure milk mixed with a pinch of turmeric powder and pepper powder should be taken for three nights this helps cure tonsillitis.
- Juices of carrot, beet and cucumber are also beneficial i.e. 300ml of carrot juice with 100ml of beet juice and 100 ml of cucumber juice mixed together should be taken regularly.
- Banafsha flowers are also effective, 12gm flowers boiled with 50ml of milk help cure tonsillitis as well. The flower can also be worn round the throat as a poultice at night.
- Gargle regularly with a decoction of fenugreek seeds this soothens the throat.
Remedies to cure tonsillitis include fasting for three or five days and just drinking water and orange juice. Patients should only eat fruits for three to four days and they can also add grains, nuts and vegetables to their diet.
Avoid spice food and sour substances such as yoghurt, buttermilk and fried foods as they can irritate the throat.
Drink warm water regularly to clean the bowels and exercise on a daily basis to help expel out the toxins. Cold pack should also be applied to the throat every two-hours. Epsom salt bath can also be beneficial.